Sunday, April 15, 2007

Check It Out!

In addition to producing podcasts and providing other information to help Spanish speakers improve their English, from time to time I shall point out items that I think may be particularly useful or interesting to the readers of my blog.

I found a wonderful site the other day that I want to bring to your attention. You can click here to see it http://www.rojasspanish.com Luis Rojas is the owner of the site. Luis is Peruvian, and there are a number of interesting things on his site, primarily related to Peru and other countries in South America. However, what interested me most was the series of podcasts that Luis has produced to help English speakers improve their Spanish. They are all aimed at the intermediate to advanced student, and are totally in Spanish. What is so wonderful about them is the topics that they cover, and the enthusiasm and knowledge that Luis brings to them. I was fascinated by the histroy of the pisco sour, a discussion of the harp in Andean music, and an extremely interesting discussion of popular music in Latin America during the early 1960s. Even if Spanish is your mother tongue, you should check out Luis's podcasts. Take a break from learning English, relax, and just enjoy. You'll be glad that you did!

No comments: